I want to share my recent preparation and GCFA exam experience. I took the SANS FOR-508 Course a while ago. I have following tips for you if you are planning to prepare for GCFA Exam.
Learn about the pattern of the exam from this link: https://www.giac.org/certification/certified-forensic-analyst-gcfa
• 115 questions in 3 hours are challenging ~ 1 minute and 30 seconds for each question.
• Passing percentage is 71%; therefore, you need to get ~82 questions right
• GCFA will test your detailed understanding of the material like Key Concepts, Facts, Tools, and other granular details mentioned in the SANS FOR 508 Books.
• It's challenging to find and answer a question in 1 minute 30 seconds. You'll need a way to search the content quickly.
• Read all the books 2-3 time, highlight the essential things, and add the keywords/definition to your index.
• Make a useful index - there are two methods.
2) Make an index with keyword, definition, page-number, book number, and sort it alphabetically.
• Make Mind-Maps and glue it on the back of each book (example below)
• SANS Posters works as a quick reference guide. Carry all FOR 508 related posters
• Take the Practice Test as you are taking an actual exam. It's just like an exam simulation, and the level of the practice test is similar to the real exam.
• I'd also recommend you to practice SANS FOR-508 Workbook to understand all the concepts in a better way. The exam is designed to test your expertise and comprehension of the material.
Feel free to reach out to me if you have any additional questions.