I want to share my recent preparation and GCFA exam experience. I took the SANS FOR-508 Course a while ago. I have following tips for you if you are planning to prepare for GCFA Exam.
Learn about the pattern of the exam from this link: https://www.giac.org/certification/certified-forensic-analyst-gcfa
• 115 questions in 3 hours are challenging ~ 1 minute and 30 seconds for each question.
• Passing percentage is 71%; therefore, you need to get ~82 questions right
• GCFA will test your detailed understanding of the material like Key Concepts, Facts, Tools, and other granular details mentioned in the SANS FOR 508 Books.
• It's challenging to find and answer a question in 1 minute 30 seconds. You'll need a way to search the content quickly.
• Read all the books 2-3 time, highlight the essential things, and add the keywords/definition to your index.
• Make a useful index - there are two methods.
2) Make an index with keyword, definition, page-number, book number, and sort it alphabetically.
• Make Mind-Maps and glue it on the back of each book (example below)
• SANS Posters works as a quick reference guide. Carry all FOR 508 related posters
• Take the Practice Test as you are taking an actual exam. It's just like an exam simulation, and the level of the practice test is similar to the real exam.
• I'd also recommend you to practice SANS FOR-508 Workbook to understand all the concepts in a better way. The exam is designed to test your expertise and comprehension of the material.
Feel free to reach out to me if you have any additional questions.
9/18/2019 08:23:05 pm
I'm going to take the exam next week. I would like you to share your exam experience to me :). Did you find the real exam questions as same as the practice exam questions? Cheers
9/24/2019 10:16:26 pm
The real question in the exam were not same as the practice exam but the difficult level was similar. If you pass the practice test with 80% +, you'll pass the exam comfortably.
11/27/2019 07:47:56 pm
Hi, Thank you very much for the sharing!
12/18/2019 01:41:15 pm
What's the biggest thing you did to help you achieve success on this exam?
1/23/2020 06:18:32 pm
Hi, is it possible you share your index ? —> cannibal.growl at gmail com - Thanks
2/19/2020 08:24:17 pm
This is very useful. I'll be taking my next month. Do you rememer all the posters they gave you? I only have the hunt evil and windows Forensic Analysis
3/3/2020 06:45:16 am
Is GCIH ot GCFE required before getting GCFA?
3/21/2020 09:43:25 pm
4/10/2020 09:01:32 pm
The best way to pass GCFA is your Index all 5 book in one excel sheet.
6/16/2020 04:50:05 am
7/7/2020 04:08:36 pm
Hi, your mind map is a really interesting touch!
7/12/2020 07:34:23 pm
All the stuff is already on the blog, just download the images.
8/19/2020 08:50:47 am
I just passed the exam, and actually the real exam was way difficult than the practice. I got 89+ on the practice exams, however in the real exam there is no even one question that is similar to the practice exam. Overall, it is challenging but so worth it.
10/29/2020 09:09:32 pm
12/28/2020 04:41:26 am
1/4/2021 04:40:52 am
Hi, Thank you very much for the sharing!
2/11/2021 07:22:51 pm
Thanks for sharing the experience. Do you mind to share the mindmap and index as well?
4/4/2021 09:06:20 am
5/9/2021 10:40:07 am
Thank you for sharing your experience, I would appreciate if you could share the mind map and index you used during the exam.
5/24/2021 09:01:40 am
Hello, is it possible for you to share your mindmap? it looks reall great!
7/13/2021 08:18:58 pm
Can you please share your index just as a raw reference will help me a lot in my preparation
7/23/2021 05:28:39 am
8/21/2021 12:38:17 pm
1/21/2022 01:52:13 pm
Thanks for sharing your experience. could you please share the mind map and index sheet to me on email..I have scheduled my GCFA exam on in next 10 days
2/19/2022 09:22:39 pm
Could you also shoot me the copy as also sitting exam, concerned my index are not good enough look at all of this.
2/19/2022 11:36:54 pm
Thanks for sharing your experience. could you please share the mind map and index sheet to me on email. I have scheduled my GCFA exam on in next 10 days.
3/24/2022 02:49:55 am
3/26/2022 03:33:37 am
4/10/2022 09:21:59 pm
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and tips! That's really informative. Could you please share me your mindmap and index, if you're okay?
4/17/2022 08:44:31 pm
I wonder if the author is actually emailing ppl the mindmap. If he hasnt...NOTE TO EVERYONE....use the picture to duplicate it in VISIO or VISIO alternative. Takes less than 30 min.
4/17/2022 10:45:16 pm
You can always save the image and print it out.
6/19/2022 03:12:04 am
We were in severe need of a loan to purchase a car for our family, but my application was denied due to my poor credit score. My credit score was 564 (Transunion), 588 (Equifax), and 591 (Experian) when I checked it. There were several bad entries. After reading so many internet reviews, I decided to go for ROOTKITS CREDIT SPECIALIST as they were highly rated. They assisted me in erasing all of the negative aspects of my life, and increasing my score to excellent across all bureaus and also created good trade lines; they completed all of this within 9 days. You can get in touch with them via:
Comments are closed.